Convenience and Increased Comfort from the Privacy of Your Own Home or Work
What is Telehealth?
An alternative to in-office physical therapy visits where our Doctor of Physical Therapy joins you on a secure interactive two-way video call to:
- Listen to your concerns and discuss your condition with you
- Watch you perform various movements while we assess your functional abilities and areas needing addressed
- Provide helpful instruction to reduce your symptoms and improve your functional strength and mobility
- Provide you with a customized home exercise program and self-care techniques tailored specifically to your needs
- Answer any and all questions that you may have about your condition and treatment plan
- Work as a team to set goals to get you back to what you love doing most as quickly and safely as we can
Practices around the country, including DPT Sport, have demonstrated that physical therapy telehealth treatment plans yield excellent outcomes from the convenience of your home or office setting. If we feel that your issue or diagnosis would be better served from our clinic setting (i.e., in order to receive specialized manual hands-on work), we will let you know that when you call us to set up your Initial Evaluation.
Telehealth Frequently Asked Questions
Is Telehealth covered by my insurance and what is the cost?
- Telehealth coverage is generally the same as for in-office visits (and with some payors, is even better). Our administrative team would be happy to verify your benefits for you as a complimentary service
- Telehealth visits are billed through your insurance and are billed at the same cost as in-clinic physical therapy visits. If you do not have insurance or your payor does not cover telehealth, we do offer discounted self-pay rates
Do I need to be tech savvy or have special equipment to do Telehealth?
- Absolutely not… you only need one of the following:
a desktop computer, laptop, chromebook, tablet or iPad, or a smartphone (any brand) as long as it is currently supported by its maker/able to make updates (Apple, Samsung,etc.)
- Our visit with you is easy and simple…we send you an email link and we are one click away
Is our Telehealth visit private and secure?
- Our telehealth visit with you is encrypted end to end and fully HIPAA compliant
- We then go an extra step once we are on the call to password protect our session with you to further safeguard your privacy
What diagnoses can be seen via Telehealth?
- Virtually all diagnoses can be evaluated and treated via telehealth
- There are some diagnoses (i.e., some post-surgical diagnoses) that while they would do well with telehealth, they would do much better with in-clinic visits; if we feel that the issues you are experiencing fall into this category, we will let you know right away and offer both options
How do I get started with Telehealth?
- Call us at the clinic at (630) 230-9565 and just let us know that you are interested in setting up a Telehealth Initial Evaluation with one of our Doctors of Physical Therapy and we will take care of the rest